According to a British Acupuncture Council national survey of acupuncturists, menstrual issues are among the top reasons why patients seek acupuncture treatments.
Acupuncture helps with following menstrual conditions:
- Pre-menstrual syndrome.
- Irregular periods.
- Painful periods.
- Heavy periods.
- Stopped or missed periods.
- Ovulation pain.
How can Acupuncture help? Specifically, acupuncture:
- Regulates the hormonal system to improve the overall menstrual cycle.
- Removes contractions within the uterus and helps increase circulation to the womb which rids pain.
- Works to restore the body’s natural circadian rhythms helping to improve sleep, mood and reduces of stress.
- Can be combined with Chinese herbs to strengthen the muscle tissue of the uterus.
- Strengthens the body to eliminate pathogens which improves overall immunity and womb health.
- Promotes ovulation.
Acupuncture is combined with dietary advice and lifestyle recommendations to create lasting improvements to the menstrual cycle.