Sinus infections can occur for a variety of reasons causing the nasal passages to become infected which can cause the following symptoms:
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose.
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, nose, cheeks and forehead.
- Drainage down the back of the throat (postnasal drainage).
- Difficulty breathing through your nose.
- Reduced sense of smell and taste.
Infections can be occasional and intermittent or develop to become chronic conditions. The aim of acupuncture is to clear the sinus infection thoroughly to create long-term resilience to infection; along with alleviating the associated symptoms.
- Relieves the nasal congestion and reduces facial pain and pressure.
- Drains the infection to clear obstruction.
- Reduces nasal inflammation.
- Supports the immune system.
Allergies occur as a result of the immune system’s reaction to certain allergens, for example dust, pollen, animals, pollution etc.. Allergies can cause nasal inflammation, along with related symptoms, such as congestion and stuffy nose, itchy eyes, sneezing.
Acupuncture is used to:
- Reduce the acute symptoms of inflammation, congestion and stuffy nose.
- Treat the underlying imbalances in the body to reduce its reactions to allergens.
- Is combined with dietary modification and specifically chosen herbal formulas to boost the body’s immune system to support the above.