In acute respiratory conditions acupuncture is a highly effective rapid response treatment for the symptoms of cold and flu, including:
- Fever and/or chills.
- Sore throat.
- High temperature.
- Runny nose.
- Muscles and body aches.
- Uses specific points to decrease throat pain, muscles and body aches, high temperature, swelling and headache.
- Stimulates immune system functions to promote natural killer cell activity, which targets virus cells.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system to calm the body’s reaction to illness.
- Drains toxins from the head to clear the mind.
- Is combined with patented Chinese herbs which act as a tonic to the expel viruses, alleviate symptoms and bolster the immune system.
- Acts as a support for the flu vaccine to boost immunity.
- Strengthens the body and its natural defenses to prevent future illness
*The novel corona virus COVID-19 is a pathogen that exhibits many of the same initial symptoms as cold or flu. Acupuncture may help to strengthen the body’s natural immunity to help prevent infection. However, it is important to consult with your acupuncturist to assess whether treatment may be of benefit to you at this time.