Although menopause is a natural biological process, brought about by hormonal changes within the body, the transition may cause a variety of uncomfortable physical and emotional symptoms including the following:
- Irregular periods,
- Vaginal dryness,
- Hot flushes,
- Night sweats,
- Sleep problems,
- Mood changes,
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism,
- Affected mental health.
- To balance hormones, which reduces hot flushes, irritability and improves sleep quality.
- Restores the body’s natural rhythms of cooling, calming and moistening which
- reduces night sweats, vaginal dryness and balances mood.
- Regulates the body’s metabolism which aids in weight loss efforts.
- Can be combined with Chinese herbs which restore balance to the body.
- Has been shown to be a beneficial supplement to hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
In terms of diet and lifestyle recommendations, some foods exacerbate hot flashes or increase mood swings. Patients are advised on diet to support the body at this time.
Relaxation techniques are recommended to diminish the effect of stress on the body and mind.