Acupuncture is recommended as a valuable treatment in pain management for acute and complex chronic pain. Acupuncture restores the body’s balance to reduce symptoms and to alleviate pain.
Benefits of Acupuncture for chronic pain:
- Stimulates the body to heal damaged tissue.
- Activates acupuncture points on the body’s surface to relieve pain and restore function.
- Enhances the production of chemicals in the brain (endorphins and serotonin) which both relieve pain and improve mood.
- It can be combined with other methods such as cupping and moxibustion to enhance results.
- Supports the effectiveness of other pain relief methods by relaxing nerves and contracted muscles.
The most frequently treated pain conditions are low back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, elbow and wrist pain, knee pain, headaches, including migraines, fibromyalgia and period pains.