In conjunction with IVF and other Western medical interventions, acupuncture has been shown to increase conception rates by up to 26% for couples experiencing a range of fertility difficulties
During IVF treatment, acupuncture helps promote fertility by:
- Reducing stress to help optimal blood flow circulate the uterus and calm the body.
- Balances the internal temperature to ensure a healthy womb climate for conception.
- Supports and enhances follicle growth alongside prescribed stimulation.
- Relaxes muscle contractions within the uterus after the transfer.
- Strengthens the body’s own hormonal system during and after the conception.
The combination of the these mechanisms increases the likelihood of successful embryo implantation and of maintaining a pregnancy. Ideally, it is recommended that treatment is started before beginning an IVF programme to yield the best results.