A woman’s body is in a state of constant change. Acupuncture can help to restore balance and boost vitality for women suffering from disorders at any stage in their life cycle.
To promote and maintain women’s long-term health and well-being, acupuncture helps with:
Menstrual problems include premenstrual syndrome, irregular periods and painful periods.
- Acupuncture regulates estrogen and balances hormones to improve the menstrual cycle,
- Moistens and nourishes the organs of the body to relieve pain and cramps and lifts mood.
Endometriosis occurs when womb tissue grows outside of the womb resulting in heavy bleeding, back pain and abdominal pain.
- Acupuncture restores, strengthens and regulates blood flow in the uterus which relives discomfort and inhibits bleeding.
Infertility may have multiple causes which can include endometriosis, disregulated hormone levels and poor egg quality.
- Acupuncture treatment is highly individualized to match the symptom profile of the patient.
- Acupuncture increases blood flow into the blood vessels of the uterus, relaxes
- muscle contractions in the womb and synchronizes ovulation.
Pregnancy and post-partum support
- Acupuncture helps to prevent miscarriage, morning sickness along with nausea and fatigue during pregnancy.
- After pregnancy acupuncture helps to build energy and vitality and regulates hormones to balance mood.
- Acupuncture is very effective for treating menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, heart palpitations, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Along with Chinese herbs, acupuncture offers a safe and natural solution to the hormonal fluctuations that women experience during menopause.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by musculo-skeletal pain, fatigue, sleep problems, mood issues and brain fog which affects many more women than men. Acupuncture has an analgesic effect on pain.
- Regulates the body’s natural rhythms to balance mood, improve sleep and clear brain fog.
- Nourishes the internal organs to boost energy and vitality.
- Acupuncture generates blood flow to the face, reducing puffiness and diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- It stimulates the circulatory system, bringing vitality to the face and eyes and lifts mood and create feelings of general well-being.
In addition to balancing a woman’s internal processes and helping natural rhythms get back in sync, an acupuncturist will also offer suggestions for diet and lifestyle changes as part of the treatment.